In April 2020, I graduated from Brigham Young University with a Master's in Information Systems Management. 👨🎓🎓 I am currently a Frontend Engineer at MX in Lehi, UT. I'm working on the MoneyMap team, developing and maintaining a money management platform designed to help users become financially strong. I work mostly with React and Redux, with a dash of RxJS.
I've been expanding my hobbies and have recently gotten into making CSS art, bouldering, and 3D printing! They've all been a challenge in their own unique way, but it's been great to learn new things outside of work. I've got some fun projects that I'm hoping to share in the near future 😉
Aside from work, I have a wonderful family! My wife and I met in the Hill Cumorah Pageant in 2008 and have been married since 2016. We have a beautiful little girl named Kora. 👱♂️👱♀️👶 Janessa (my wife) recently graduated from Lambda School and is now working for Apollo GraphQL building awesome stuff for their education team.
I lived in Cambodia from 2013-2015 as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 🇰🇭 I learned how to speak, read, and write the language, but I'm getting a bit rusty. If you want to chat in ភាសារខ្មែរ, reach out via my contact info below! 👇
Some of the things that I've done:
- Discover and keep track of your favorite recipes at Recipe Palette!
- Automatically record any changes you make to anyone's recipes, think of Github for recipes
- Create pixel art at https://eight-bit.netlify.app/
- Optimized performance by only rendering cells in the grid if and when they change
- Used Framer Motion to create slick animations for the menu